To pioneer World Class educational opportunities for all, both within The Lion Alliance and beyond,
through research and development, innovation and inspiring colleagues within the teaching profession.
Teaching School Alliance based in Coventry and Warwickshire
Our Alliance aims to develop a passion for learning, removing any artificial barriers to learning to ensure that everyone reaches their full potential. We believe in creating a learning culture which encourages all to enquire, develop and share.
We move beyond collaboration into co-construction, ensuring education and pedagogy is developed by colleagues to reflect the needs and aspirations of all learners. We want our learners to be prepared and equipped with the skills required to be a successful member of a global and technological society.
The Lion Alliance is committed to providing high quality support and training for teachers in every stage of their career, from Initial Teacher Training through to developing school leaders. As a recently appointed Teaching School Alliance, based in Coventry and the West Midlands, we work closely with schools and partners in The Lion Alliance to:
- Recruit and train new teachers through a supportive ITT program
- Provide support for other schools to bring about school improvement
- Work with schools both within and beyond our Teaching School Alliance to raise standards of teaching
- Identify and develop leadership potential
We deliver high quality training and CPD, using the expertise of colleagues with The Lion Alliance, which consists of primary and secondary schools, and through our partnership with schools and universities.
We believe that innovation within teaching, action research, and sharing good practice are essential in ensuring World Class education for all. Our CPD programmes are aimed at providing colleagues with the opportunity to develop pedagogy, innovate, and deliver best practice.
Our partnership with primary and secondary schools ensures cross-phase opportunities for colleagues to learn best practice.
The Lion Alliance consists of schools in Coventry and Warwickshire
By investing in current and future generations of teachers and leaders, we ensure that we grow teaching professionals who have the passion and commitment to deliver World Class education. We provide colleagues with opportunities to
- experience learning in different settings and key phases
- begin their professional journey into teaching
- learn from colleagues at the top of their profession
- discuss and develop pedagogy through action research and development
- have access to continual professional development whatever career stage
- develop as school leaders thus challenging themselves and others.
This is an exciting time to be part of The Lion Alliance.